Thursday 15 December 2011

E-mail : Chevrolet Captiva


Hi bro,

You seem to know about SUVs and I have been thinking of getting a SUV, and shortlisted the Ssanyong Rexton and Chevrolet Captiva. The Toyota Harrier was not in my original list as the purchase price is still too expensive compared to the Rexton and Captiva.

Reading through the forums, I decided to drop Rexton from the list as the owners highlighted many minor-minor problems with the SUV. And the Merz technology was said to be more dated.

I want to get the Chevrolet Captiva because it looks handsome enough and it has local SC support. But reading through the forum postings also revealed the following :

"Hws2000 - Guys, be it 2011 or older model.. Service must be good.. with the current standard "no part" answers I get from service center (am sure I also read many others complained the same).. it sure will spoilt our experienced.

Just to share the lastest spoiler for me.. my capitva absorber KO-ed and yes, still underwarranty.. Again .. yup "sorry sir, no spare part, we will call you"..

and a while ago.. "dear Sir, since your car under warranty, you can only change this at official Naza service center..(Naza Quest..something).. we are not allow to change..". This is really not helping.. search the website.. found only 3 of such SC available in KV.. Kg. Baru, Ampang and Puchong.. really ridiculous...

GOD help Chevy owners... Grrrrr....(and that's not the sound of my diesel engine....)"

So, should I top-up from my budget and get a Toyota Harrier instead? What would be your suggestion, bro? Are there available parts for Toyota Harrier? Please advise and thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Do yourself a favour and get a real Japanese SUV or the newer Korean SUV like 2011 Sportage/Sorento and 2010 Tucson/Sante Fe. Don't get those half-half ones like Rexton (old Merz tech in Korean body) and Captiva (old Daewoo tech in US body). If you HAVE to choose between the two, then the Rexton is better. Go to Rextonhub to find out more. I'm selling my 2009 RX270Xdi if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want a real SUV? Get the Mitsubishi Pajero or Toyota Land Cruiser.

    Want a psedo-SUV? Get the BMW X5 or Toyota Harrier/Lexus RX300.

    Want a fake SUV? Get the Nissan Livina X-Gear.

    Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete