Friday 16 December 2011

Answer : Chevrolet Captiva

 
I can't really comment on the Chevy Captiva as I don't own one. From a superficial level, I would agree that it's a handsome vehicle and the extra 2 seats could be useful in times of need. Trim and finishing looks good; although IMHO I would find that the Toyota Harrier's (and Ssanyong Rexton's) looks classier.

I can however comment on the parts availability for Toyota Harrier and I can safely say that the parts are easy to get. As the drivetrain is still used in the current Toyota Camry lineup, it is a very recent engine and therefore, one can purchase the parts directly from Toyota SC if one wants. There are also lots of half-cuts from Japan; although to be fair, the half-cuts of the 1st generation Toyota Harrier far outscales that of the 2nd generation Toyota Harrier.


If your budget can be increased, I would advise to upgrade to the 2nd generation Toyota Harrier; or failing with, if you can live with the more dated looks of the 1st generation Toyota Harrier, you could probably get a later-registered one at the Chevy Captiva price.



2 comments:

  1. Do yourself a favour and get a real Japanese SUV or the newer Korean SUV like 2011 Sportage/Sorento and 2010 Tucson/Sante Fe. Don't get those half-half ones like Rexton (old Merz tech in Korean body) and Captiva (old Daewoo tech in US body). If you HAVE to choose between the two, then the Rexton is better. Go to Rextonhub to find out more. I'm selling my 2009 RX270Xdi if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete